“Comrades gather because they long to be with the men who once acted their best, men who suffered and sacrificed, who were stripped raw, right down to their humanity. I did not pick these men. They were delivered by fate. But I know them in a way I know no other men. I have never given anyone such trust. They were willing to guard something more precious than my life. They would have carried my reputation, the memory of me. It was part of the bargain we all made, the reason we were so willing to die for one another."
-- Source: "These Good Men: Friendships Forged in War” by Michael Norman, page 293, original hardcover edition (1990).
Click the "Create New Account" at the upper left of your screen to set up a user account if you were previously assigned to C Troop, 2nd Squadron, 17th Cavalry or the 507th T.C. Detachment and would like to be able to contribute photos, stories and comments. Remember to watch for and respond to the authentication email that you will receive.
Check in periodically as we continue to add content and functionality. Our website continues to be updated. We intend to add graphical appeal to the Home Page such as unit insignia images and background photos and, eventually, video capability under a future Media menu tab.
If you have any comments or suggestions regarding our website, please feel free to provide them via the "Forums" tab under the "Website Feedback" topic.
NOTICE: All images, stories, and photos on this site remain the personal property of this site and the contributor of the image, story or photo. You may download them for your personal use but they may not be published or used on any other site without written permission from the webmaster and the contributor.
Condor Alumni Association Membership Dues are due by the end of March each year in order to vote or hold an elected position. Please mail your dues to Lonnie Turner, 3108 Laurel Lane, Plano, TX 75074. The Condor Alumni Association uses the dues of members for the following good purposes:
1. Annual website host fees.
2. Annual website domain registration fees.
3. Website software licenses to maintain the website.
4. Costs of hosting an official Condor Association reunion.
5. Costs for hospitality rooms at reunions of the 101st Airborne Division, Vietnam Helicopter Crew Member Association (VHCMA), and Vietnam Helicopter Pilot Association (VHPA), as approved.
6. Fees related to maintaining our legal and IRS status as a non-profit association.
7. Occasional costs submitted by members and pre-approved for good causes related to directly supporting the current 2nd/17th Cavalry unit when in the field or at Fort Campbell. This is very rare.
8. Other pre-approved costs submitted by Condor members for good and directly related causes. This is very rare.
9. The pre-approved costs to provide memorials, flowers, etc., for fallen Condors as well as donations to appropriate veterans organizations.